Ongoing Government Rebates
You are on the hunt to replace your old windows with new, energy efficient windows, and we want you to know about ongoing government rebates that will help make your purchasing decision that much easier.
The CleanBC Better Homes and Home Renovation Rebate Program, issued by the BC government, alongside BC Hydro and Fortis BC, allow you to access up to $100 per window (up to 20 windows per Tier) with qualified products. This is a great time to take advantage of the extra savings, while increasing the energy efficiency of your home, increasing its curb appeal, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Did you know that today you no longer require heavy triple pane windows to qualify for the rebate? Adera Windows & Doors offers a great selection of dual pane windows that meet the current rebate u-values and satisfy your every need.
- Tier 1 windows – $50 per window, up to a maximum of $1,000
- Tier 2 windows/doors – $100 per window or door, up to a maximum of $2,000
- The windows/doors must be installed by a contractor with a GST number and a valid BC business license for window/door installations (like ADERA!).
- You have a residential utility account with either Fortis BC, BC Hydro or be a municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- Your home must be primarily heated with natural gas or piped-propane supplied by FortisBC, oil or propane not supplied by FortisBC, or electricity supplied by FortisBC, BC Hydro (must meet a minimum electricity consumption), or by one of the above municipal utilities.
- Homes primarily heated by wood or other solid fuels are not eligible.
- Home must have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive utility billing history.
- The home must be a single-family, duplex, row, townhouse or mobile home on a permanent foundation.
- Apartments, condos and stacked homes do not qualify for this program.
- Applications must be submitted within six (6) months of the invoice date.
- The windows/doors must be replacing existing windows and/or doors in the building envelope. Windows installed into new rough openings are ineligible.
- Skylights are not eligible under the current rebate offer.
- New windows need to be ENERGY STAR certified with the following required U-value (effectiveness of the material used as an insulator – lower the value is better):
- In order to qualify for Tier 1 or 2 under the new government rebate regulations, the upgrades must be installed on or after April 1, 2019.
- The products must be listed on one of the fenestration certification bodies.
- A photo of at least one label or documented proof that shows one or more of the following: manufacturer model code/number, NRCan reference number or a certified products directory (CPD) number, plus a certified mark from the certifying body.
- Adera will supply you with a full PAID invoice once the final payment has been made, so you can provide this with your application.
For a more comprehensive overview please visit cleanBC Better Homes website or access more information from your utility company via the following:
BC Hydro Customers
Fortis BC Natural Gas Customers
Fortis BC Electricity Customers
Worth the Rebate?
Considering this government rebate is available for a limited time, it would be a great idea to take advantage of it, on whatever level you are comfortable. There is value in saving on heating and cooling costs, while maximizing the efficiency of your home and creating a more comfortable living environment.
Considering all purchasing factors (budgets, requirements, perspective, etc.), Adera is here to help support you in balancing all considerations. Click HERE to connect with our team, via phone, or simply send in a form with your questions, inquiries or to book an appointment at our Kelowna office to learn more.
|4-1990 Landsdowne Pl, Kelowna, BC V1X 5C3, Canada|